Product Engineer - RRE
What you’ll do…
Duo’s Production Engineering team is responsible for the availability, efficiency, and performance of our production tools and services. As an Engineer on the Rapid Response Engineering (RRE) sub-team, working closely to bridge Production Engineering and Customer Success teams’. As a part of the team you will work to help achieve our mission through the development of tools and frameworks that empower our teams to proactively ensure customers are able to successfully leverage Duo’s products and services.
In this role, you will be responsible for meeting KPIs (key performance indicators) and SLAs (service level agreements) shared between the Production Engineering and Customer Success teams, addressing potential customer challenges by building solutions that are scalable across the organization, and working to ensure service reliability in support of Duo’s rapid growth.
Skills you have…
- 2+ years experience in Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, or other dynamic programming languages.
- Experience collaborating successfully with security, operations, and software engineering teams.
- Experience with technologies like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- You have experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Working knowledge of large-scale internet service architectures like load balancing, clustering, distributed systems, content delivery networks, service oriented architectures, and message queueing systems.
- You are self-starter and have no problems asking questions.
- You can prioritize in fast paced environments.
- Experience with IaaS platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Compute Engine preferred.
- Customer support experience and a plus.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You approach conflict in a constructive manner and help to identify root causes of problems, offer corrective actions, and participate in the solutions.
- You love a sense of ownership in your work. We're appreciative in our retrospectives, but we don't like downtime and share the responsibility to keep it within budget.
- You look at on-call and Root Cause Analysis as a vessel to suggest and drive improvements to our platform in order to eliminate challenges for our customers and your fellow team members.
Duo is at a very exciting stage and we want you to join us in this amazing journey. Make sure to re-read this posting, checkout Duo’s website and read a few articles about Duo before applying.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential you can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we urge you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, calm to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.