Professional Services Engineer , Professional Services, Care & Marketing
Locations: Austin preferred, Remote
Who are we looking for?
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will become an expert with Khoros' Care and Marketing products, and with implementing customizations and integrations for our customers using Khoros platform APIs. You will define and document best practices to ensure repeatability. You will also work directly with our customers to understand and translate business requirements, and to ensure the solutions you build are meeting customer expectations. You are an excellent collaborator, working with our Project Managers, Solution Architects, Product Engineering, and Support on the requirements and design for the software you develop and maintain.
- Understanding customer goals or requirements and guiding them to an appropriate technical solution; scoping, estimating, architecting, then designing and implementing custom features or integrations to Khoros' core products; articulating complex technical concepts in layman's terms
- Overseeing the delivery of multiple in-flight projects from a technical standpoint with the goal that the completed implementation adheres to the intended design and properly addresses the business requirements
- Work with the Khoros Product and Engineering teams to create and document best practices regarding the integrations and customizations
- Contributing to operational and process improvements within the department
- Supporting teammates to maximize their professional effectiveness and potential; ensuring that colleagues have a path to resolution on technical issues, assisting or redirecting if necessary
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or relevant field; or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals: data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, design patterns, concurrency, files and databases, performance analysis
- 3+ years professional experience with:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), especially AWS Lambdas
- UNIX based environments and use of software revision control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience operating within a Professional Services team, or comparable consulting / customer-facing experience.
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable parts
- Ability to problem solve, adapt, and overcome challenges quickly and efficiently
- Strong command of the English language (written, spoken, colloquial)
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently; self-starter
Preferred, nice to have
- Experience with DevOps and (CI/CD) practices (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with test-driven development and testing frameworks (e.g.: JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Nighthawk)
- Experience with public key cryptography including TLS/SSL, SSH, and X.509 PKI
- Experience with React.js, Angular, or other UI/UX libraries