This position has been revised and re-posted. If you applied for the original posting and are still interested, you must re-apply through the new link below to be considered.
Southwestern University has an immediate opening for a Programmer/Analyst. This is a twelve-month, full-time position with benefits that assesses user needs, presents viable solutions, develops and tests applications/reports, and produces results supporting the administrative functions of the University (including Institutional Advancement, Student Systems, Human Resources/Payroll and Finance).
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project requirements gathering, analysis, and design meetings and collaborative sessions to determine feasibility, provide solution recommendations, and make time and effort estimations for new project requests.
- Prepare documentation and user detailed instructions related to technical requirements and specifications.
- Provide programming and high level technical support to facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new or upgraded systems. Current system of focus is Ellucian Colleague (SIS/ERP).
- Analyzes, reviews, and improves existing program(s) to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Gain and apply knowledge and expertise of departmental processes.
- Make recommendations to departmental users on technical solutions, process requirements, and problem resolution.
- Facilitate the implementation and integration of 3rd party software with Colleague ERP when necessary.
- Develop and modify reports and dashboards for campus constituents as needed using Informer reporting solution and/or query tools (UniQuery).
- Develop and deliver Colleague related training to end users in use of new and upgraded modules either individually or in a classroom setting.
- Designs, develops, and supports automated processes to support integration with 3rd party interfaces.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience in a similar position.
- Two years of analysis and programming experience.
- Working knowledge of a large-scale relational database (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Unidata) including query language and programming interfaces.
- Experience with Windows, Word, Excel, and Google applications.
- Strong desire to learn and work in a team environment striving toward a common goal.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to perform well in stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible, adjust to fluctuating priorities, and produce reliable working product.
- Ability to attend work consistently and maintain a regular work schedule.
- Have knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of cultural differences and the diversity within the campus and community.
- A winning customer service attitude!
Those with the following experience preferred:
- Experience with Higher Ed CRM or ERP systems, particularly Ellucian Colleague.
- Experience with Eclipse/Colleague Studio development environment.
- Experience with SQL and/or Unidata/UniVerse/U2 or other large-scale relational database.
- Experience with C# and the .net framework.
- Experience integrating APIs or other outside applications (including cloud-based systems) with internal enterprise systems.
- Experience with report design/development, particularly Informer reporting solution.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. The University’s endowment ranks among the highest per student of undergraduate institutions in the country. Located in Georgetown, Texas, 28 miles north of Austin, Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our web site at www.southwestern.edu.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. EOE/M/F