Python Software Engineer
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by developing and applying new technologies to solve business problems that are important to our clients.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has strong footing with technologies / components / concepts for developing and deploying Cognitive (AI) Solutions
- Has a passion for designing / developing elegant software solutions within time constraints in an agile environment
- Has a passion for learning - continuously building new skills
- Has a strategic point of view - a system thinker that keeps the customer success in mind throughout the product lifecycle
- Has strong collaborative skills coupled with the ability to question
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and growing the capabilities of the team and organization
What you’ll do everyday:
- Collaborate with peers on software design, work estimation and implementation of new features
- Leverage your polyglot abilities to traverse the stack and develop user-focused applications
- Actively participate in experimenting and refining team development process
- Plan and execute in an incremental and iterative software development process
- Provide mentorship to teammates and find opportunities to share knowledge
- Shape and embrace team values and commitments
- Make a fun environment working with a great team and create cutting edge software
What you need to bring to the table:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Strong expertise with Python.
- Experience with NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, PyTorch and other scientific Python libraries is a plus.
- Experience designing and developing large software systems, particularly distributed systems and microservice architectures
- Experience working with relational, NoSQL, or Graph databases
- Fluent in common design patterns
- Experience leveraging Docker and container orchestration tools
- Experience with performance tuning, scaling, load balancing, and automation especially in distributed and cloud environments
- A passion for learning and continuously honing your craft
What else will help:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Computer Science, Math, or Engineering major is preferable.
- Hands-on experience in multi-cloud environments (Azure, GCP, or AWS)
- Experience with functional programming paradigm and languages
- Experience working with Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.
Read Full Job Description