QA Automation Engineer
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are searching for a QA Automation Engineer who can write automation test scripts and perform QA testing. Specific responsibilities include developing, deploying, and maintaining test automation scripts for the purpose of regression and integration testing. This person will also be primarily responsible for maintaining all automation servers and tools.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 450,000 users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand nationwide.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student lives as possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
Our QA Team is a hardworking, data driven, results oriented team. We are not scared of problems, rather we embrace those challenges with open arms. We want someone with as much passion for the work as we have and who will make our apps better than we thought they could be.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research and implement automated testing solutions for web and mobile Aceable clients
- Partner with Web, Android and iOS developers for best practices E2E solutions
- Create and maintain automated testing suites to streamline testing schedule
- Utilize tools such as Jira to track and report bugs and Confluence to document procedures
- Maintain and utilize our automation server and tools while continually looking for ways to improve processes
- Create and manage reports of automated test runs to share findings and information learned with your team
- Assist your team in reaching 2019 CI/CD goals for most codebases
- Work collaboratively within your team and demonstrate strong teamwork, act as a knowledge resource for testing automation and train and support other team members as appropriate
- Understand and make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience as an Automation QA Tester
- Mobile device, REST API, and Web automated testing experience
- Proven knowledge and experience in various test levels (system integration, performance, regression, and user acceptance)
- Ability to work with other team members in automation techniques and approaches for the appropriate mix of tools and processes required to support production test operations
- Experience in a kanban environment
- Experience in Continuous Integration environments, ideally using Jenkins, XCLOUD, Sauce Labs and mobile simulators
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and the conditions for their occurrence
- A sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytical skills; detail- and quality-oriented
- Motivated and willing to learn with a passion to explore new technologies and trends
- 2+ years of experience creating, maintaining and executing automation tests utilizing tools such as UFT/ALM
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge in Selenium, UFT, Appium, Mocha, Protractor, or other test automation tools (knowledge in others not listed is fine if you’re comfortable in them)
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description