QA Automation Engineer at Aceable
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are searching for a QA Automation Engineer who can write automation test scripts and perform QA testing. Specific responsibilities include developing, deploying, and maintaining test automation scripts for the purpose of regression and integration testing. This person will also be primarily responsible for maintaining all automation servers and tools.
Aceable is a mobile education platform focused on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, the Aceable team adds hundreds of thousands of students per month, and touts more than 20 million students served. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
Our QA Team is a hardworking, data-driven, results-oriented team. We are not scared of problems, rather we embrace those challenges with open arms. We want someone with as much passion for the work as we have and who will make our apps better than we thought they could be.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research and implement automated testing solutions for web and mobile Aceable clients
- Partner with Web, Android, and iOS developers for best practices E2E solutions
- Create and maintain automated testing suites to streamline testing schedule
- Utilize tools such as Jira to track and report bugs and Confluence to document procedures
- Maintain and utilize our automation server and tools while continually looking for ways to improve processes
- Create and manage reports of automated test runs to share findings and information learned with your team
- Assist your team in reaching CI/CD goals for most codebases
- Collaborate within the team, serving as a knowledge resource for testing automation and providing training and support to other team members as appropriate
- Understand and make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience writing automated UI tests for Web and Mobile applications
- Experience with writing automated API tests
- Proven knowledge and experience in various test levels (system integration, performance, regression, and user acceptance)
- Ability to work with other team members in automation techniques and approaches for the appropriate mix of tools and processes required to support production test operations
- Experience in Continuous Integration environments, ideally using Jenkins and Github Actions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a proven ability to determine the root cause of problems and understanding of the conditions for their occurrence
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- A sense of accountability and efficiency in completing assignments
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytical skills; detail- and quality-oriented
- Motivated and willing to learn with a passion to explore new technologies and trends
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Selenium, Appium and Cypress.io
- Experience with XCUITest(iOS) and/or Espresso(Android)
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2021
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/full-time employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.