Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents, so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Care.com offers of an array of services that enable families to find, lead and pay for care and provide employment opportunities for caregivers. Our engineering organization is reimagining our tech stacks and consolidating them to a single cloud-native platform, so we can test and learn faster.
The new platform is composed of gRPC microservices and Lambdas in Go, Kafka streams, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, and micro-frontends on Node and React. We're utilizing industry practices and tools like OpenTelemetry, Splunk, Github, SignalFX, Figma, and others to make our lives easier.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, standout colleagues, and big problem solvers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you flourish with collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.What You'll Be Working On:
- Develop Proactively identify, investigate, and diagnose database and reporting data, ETL issues.
- Understand the data output of data warehouse code and verify that the output meets the business requirements.
- Perform as a strong individual contributor with an ability to understand how to test procedures and analyze results for data warehouse functionality.
- Contribute to testing efforts by working with development team members to identify and clearly understand business requirements and functional design.
- Demonstrate delivery skills, estimate work, and complete testing projects by delivery dates
- Independently work on assigned data warehouse tickets by the team in Agile setting.
- Independently craft and build out a complete set of testing tools for data warehouse components or systems
- Engage at the team level to ensure that release commitments are met in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Support multiple business units, including B2B, B2C, Marketing, and Finance.
- Work with on-shore and off-shore developers and quality assurance engineers.
- 3+ years of overall QA experience
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following databases: Snowflake, MySQL, Oracle, Vertica
- Proficient in SQL and database programming
- Understanding of Shell scripting and Python is a plus
- Knowledge of database and data warehouse theory and principles
- Understanding of database problems and designing tests for data warehouse components and systems
- Extensive knowledge of reporting tools and visualization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working independently and in a team environment, as the project requires
- Ability to add automation on repetitive manual tasks
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]Company Overview:
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).