The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Opcity, we strive to build beautiful products, deliver exceptional customer experiences, and ship robust technology platforms. Opcity Engineering is a full stack team with challenges from building React apps to building highly-available, cloud-based backend services. If you're seeking to join a team spanning a diverse skill set across scalable distributed systems, advanced predictive analytics and machine learning, bleeding-edge data visualization and gamification, and high-engagement customer experiences across both web and mobile, then this job is for you. Contact us if you care about working on big problems that help tens of thousands of consumers and real-estate professionals across the US, or if you love being in an engineering-driven culture that uses state-of-the-art tools to deliver critical high-scale systems.
EXAMPLES OF PROJECTS WE DO
- Build full stack React/Redux applications that talk to Python API services
- Deliver new features to our iOS and Android mobile app using React Native
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
THE IDEAL PROFILE
- 3 + years of experience scripting or developing applications in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, etc.) and the eagerness to learn more
- 2+ years of experience in a quality assurance role
- Ability to understand product requirements and translate those requirements into an executable test plan focused on reducing risk
- Deep experience developing web and mobile-based testing automation using Selenium or similar automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL and application data access patterns
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to identify issues and notify the team before these issues grow
- B.S. Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
We’ll be moving our development team from our HQ offices on Burleson Rd. to Downtown, Austin, TX.
Read Full Job Description