We are searching for a QA Engineer to join our internal software development team focused on ensuring the quality of our IntElligo platform. IntElligo is a proprietary platform which serves as a patient recruitment, eSource, clinical trial management and financial management solution for Elligo’s unique Goes Direct approach to clinical research.
The QA Engineer at Elligo is responsible for all testing and validation activities of software products used at Elligo. You will be successful if you have experience translating functional requirements and specifications into clear concise test cases, have good technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with a sense of urgency for delivering the highest quality products possible.
As part of the technology solutions team, you will participate in Agile software development and have the opportunity to wear multiple hats. We are a small, dynamic team that can adapt to changing business needs and deliver quality releases quickly.
This position is located in Austin, TX.
- Partner with the Engineering and Product Managers to create, execute and maintain test strategies, test cases and test plans to support our flagship platform.
- Identify, develop and improve regression, integration, end-to-end and security test suites to maintain quality at scale, including manual and automated tests.
- Provide testing guidance and direction to the engineering team.
- Execute tests in multiple environments as documented in test plans.
- Create test data sets which fully exercise data validation and end-to-end system functionality.
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative findings from test results to the product managers and engineering team.
- Play a critical part of the engineering team by ensuring that all quality goals are met for a system before releasing to production or for Elligo’s use.
- Estimate QA tasks effort for project’s timeline visibility.
- Identify, analyze, and document defects discovered during testing, including detailing bug replication/verification steps and determining overall impact to user.
- Experience as a Quality Engineer in a web-based development environment.
- Write and execute SQL queries.
- Creative in finding ways to break web applications.
- Understanding of modern browsers and their differences.
- Experience testing APIs.
- Proven record of analytical and troubleshooting skills driven by a logical, methodical approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with JIRA is preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Background in healthcare or life sciences is a plus.
- Test automation using Selenium web driver is a plus.