QA Engineer at Unity
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Quality, with a solid Test Automation background, to join a cross-functional team in the Live & Digital Org, based in Austin. Live & Digital is an exciting Org that encompasses the teams that are responsible for building many customer-facing products and services, such as: Unity's websites, Microgames that are shipped with the Unity Editor, the Share platform, where you can share your own Made With Unity games with friends and many other teams.
You are expected to build quality in all of the development stages, from product ideation to deployment. You know Agile Testing and you will use your expertise to enable and drive the team towards a mature Quality Culture. You understand that functional correctness is the starting point but not the finish line and that everyone in the team is accountable for Quality.
- Drive the team towards a higher level of Quality, using modern testing approaches
- Work directly with the product team, from reviewing requirements and specifications with Product Managers to unit testing, with Developers
- Create Lean testing documentation (Test Plan and Test Cases) when needed
- Implement test automation frameworks that best suit the product team's needs
- Develop tools to assist the team to speed up laborious/routine tasks
- Knowledge of working with Agile development methodologies, Agile Testing and Whole Team approach to Quality
- Solid understanding of modern testing frameworks
- Comfortable with reviewing unit tests from the Developers
- Experience with CI/CD environment, cross browser testing, RESTful APIs and end-to-end test automation
- System thinking and ability to coach other team members into quality disciplines
- Knowledge of testing GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of non-functional testing
- Experience using Marketing Automation platform(s)
- Knowledge of Web CMS (Uberflip is a plus)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.