QA Engineer at SecureLink
Who We Are
At SecureLink, we take our job seriously, but ourselves, not so much. We aren't afraid of a challenge and understand the individual and team effort required to accomplish something great! Having fun and celebrating success is in our DNA. And, these are just a few of the reasons we've been consistently named a "Best Place to Work" by Built in Austin and Glassdoor. SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Spaceship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace.
This position is expected to be filled in the Austin area even though our team is fully distributed for the time being. We are continuously evaluating our return to the office with the safety of our employees and their families at top of mind.
After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products, and people, we are excited about the chance to produce lasting outcomes to support our future success.
SecureLink doesn't just offer products – we provide partnerships. We have the knowledge, existing relationships, and expertise to make the maximum impact on our customers' business. This, and our "failure is not an option" mindset, is what has led to us solidifying our place as the leaders in managing secure third-party remote access and remote support for both highly regulated enterprise organizations and technology vendors.
What You'll Do
SecureLink's QA Engineers use our software products daily to certify their quality and confirm that our customers are getting a scalable, stable, and exceptional product. Their knowledge about our products allows them to provide valuable feedback to developers, product managers, and other stakeholders within the organization. In this role, you'll have plenty of opportunities to make a real impact on the direction of the team and the organization as a whole. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with a team of developers and QA engineers to certify the products are ready to be used by our customers
- Create in depth test plans for new additions to our products based on technical documentation and use cases
- Work on automating test cases to save yourself and the team some time!
- Test bugs, new features, and other improvements to the product from the latest sprint
- Diagnose and report issues through exploratory testing
- Maintain and create test documentation
- Improve existing and create new scalable processes as the application and the team grow
- Create and run test plans tailored to our most important customers
- Assess the severity of reported defects from our customer's perspective
What You'll Need
- 2+ years as a quality assurance engineer
- Comfortability writing manual and automation test cases
- Knowledge of QA cycles and how to release applications
- Enterprise software knowledge
- Ability to understand complex systems and the relationships between their parts
- Numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Outstanding communication skills to work with a variety of teams
- Great attention to detail and results-driven approach
What Will Help You Stand Apart
- Experience testing applications on Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Basic understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience with SSH, RDP, and Desktop Sharing
- Previous experience using Jira, Confluence, Testrail, or similar tools
- Familiarity with Git
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.