Founded in 2017, Living Security’s mission is to help prevent cybersecurity breaches with a human risk management solution that does more than meet compliance needs, it also truly changes behavior. Living Security believes empowering people is the key to ending cybersecurity breaches, picking up where traditional security awareness training drops off. Gamified learning and immersive experiences engage and educate users, while the science-backed, tech-enabled platform uniquely provides CISOs the ability to measure training efficacy and program ROI.
Named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, the Living Security team is composed of 50+ cybersecurity professionals committed to transforming security awareness training as we know it and turning end users into the enterprise’s greatest asset against cybercrime. Living Security is trusted by security-minded organizations like CVS Health, MasterCard, Verizon, MassMutual, Biogen, AmerisourceBergen, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan, and Target. Learn more at www.livingsecurity.com.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!Job Description
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE is a highly analytical, collaborative engineer who has the hunger to achieve something great. You'll join a startup experiencing rapid growth near the start of it all. You'll get as much out of the experience as you put into it. We want someone who will do whatever it takes - not just to help Living Security fix security awareness, but because you are in a hurry to have an impact.
As the Quality Assurance Engineer, you'll bring enthusiasm and motivation and help lead, define, refine, and execute the direct testing of features and functionality for our immersive training platform. Our platform teaches people how to be more secure through gamified learning and helps organizations to refine their training strategy through metrics and analytics. To do this you will collaborate closely with our Client Operations, and Engineering teams to accelerate the delivery and improve the quality of our platform. You will exercise judgement in selecting the appropriate test scenarios and test methodologies, interpreting and reporting system behavior against customer expectations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead User Acceptance Testing as a SME in testing and validating that Business requirements have been implemented as required prior to project go-live
- Responsible for UAT planning, test case specification, test execution, defect management, and test status reporting activities.
- Create and manage tasks for newly introduced features and document test strategies and plans.
- Communicate to team members on changes of functional system feature interactions and their system performance impacts.
- Identify, recommend and implement automated test improvements for new and existing test scenarios.
- Ability and tenacity to solve increasingly complex technical issues through analysis and a variety of problem-solving techniques.
- Has developed and maintained user acceptance testing for continually developed and released software
- Working knowledge of system APIs and their uses.
- Ability to develop and execute functional/system level tests.
- Experience working in an Agile-Scrum development environment.
- and 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Located in Austin
- Knowledge of distributed computing principles, enterprise storage configurations and their usages
- Experience in Cybersecurity domain
- QA automation experience
- Lead or collaborated with international teams
- BS in CS, CE or similar field
Perks of Living Security:
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), HSA with employer contribution, FSA
- Financial Wellness Program/Financial Advisor
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Responsible unlimited PTO policy and paid holidays
- Gender-neutral parental leave
- Some work remote and flex-time options
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.