QA Engineer at SecureLink
Who We Are
At SecureLink, we take our jobs seriously, but ourselves - not so much. We're a results-driven team that isn't afraid of a challenge and understands the team effort required to accomplish something great. We're also people-oriented, so respect, teamwork, collaboration, and culture are some of our top priorities.
When you work for SecureLink, you're making a difference. As the industry leader, it's our mission to secure the most critical systems and highly sensitive data of organizations around the globe. SecureLink provides security, privacy, data governance, and compliance solutions for companies across multiple industries, including healthcare, critical infrastructure, manufacturing, government, legal, and gaming. Whether you're helping organizations implement secure third-party remote access, developing innovative solutions using the most advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence tools and approaches, providing mission critical support or contributing to our sales and marketing efforts, you're making the world a more secure and safe place while working at SecureLink.
At SecureLink, we value authenticity over perfection. We know that coming as you are can feel unsafe in some work environments. SecureLink employees are working to create an empowering environment for everyone. We are committed to the ongoing examination of our practices, candid evaluation of our own biases, data-informed improvements, and respectful forums for voicing our honest perspectives and feedback. We foster a workplace environment marked by creativity, collaboration, and most importantly, kindness. Different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results.
We embrace differences and do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital/family status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, political affiliation, neurodiversity, socioeconomic background or any other characteristics that make us unique.
To demonstrate our commitment, SecureLink:
- Uses "blind" resume submission, meaning hiring managers cannot see information that could imply a candidate's gender, ethnicity/race, etc. until they have provided feedback on a candidate's qualifications;
- Transparently reports diversity trends to SecureLink's employee base and continues to develop additional mechanisms for transparency and accountability;
- Established and implemented a calendar of recurring/ongoing training regarding diversity & inclusion, unconscious bias, and prevention of sexual harassment;
- Implemented the writing tool, Ongig, as a means for evaluating the language we use and identifying ways to make our job descriptions and other communications inclusive for a wider audience.
Choose Where You Work
At SecureLink, we believe trust is an essential ingredient for building productivity in the workplace. We want to ensure that all of our employees feel both safe and productive. Our employees have the option to work 100% remotely, 50% remotely, or 100% from our physical offices located in Austin, TX, Nashville, TN, and San Jose, CR.
Remote work can currently be supported for employees residing in the following locations: AR, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, KY, MD, MI, MN, NY, OH, PA, TX, TN, VA, WA.
What You'll Do
SecureLink's QA Engineers evaluate our software products daily to validate their quality and confirm that our customers are getting a scalable, stable, and exceptional product. Their knowledge about our products allows them to provide valuable feedback to developers, product managers, and other stakeholders within the organization. The QA team is in a period of growth and change which will give the person in this role plenty of opportunities to make a real impact on the direction of the team and the organization as a whole. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with a team of developers and QA engineers to validate the products are ready to be used by our customers
- Creating in-depth test plans for new additions to our products based on technical documentation and use cases
- Automating test cases to save yourself and the team some time
- Testing bugs, new features, and other improvements to the product from the latest sprint
- Diagnosing and reporting issues through exploratory testing
- Maintaining and creating test documentation
- Improving existing and creating new scalable processes as the application and the team grow
- Creating and running test plans tailored to our most important customers
- Assessing the severity of reported defects from our customer's perspective
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of experience as a QA Engineer or Test Engineer
- Comfortability writing manual and automation test cases
- Knowledge of QA cycles and how to release applications
- Enterprise software knowledge
- Ability to understand complex systems and the relationships between their parts
- Outstanding communication skills to work with a variety of teams
- Great attention to detail and results-driven approach
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. SecureLink invests in employee development including extensive job and product training, access to LinkedIn Learning, monthly knowledge sharing sessions, career pathing, professional development, and more. Benefits also include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance - SecureLink pays 100% of the premium for employees and 75% for dependents.
- We contribute generously to your HSA (75% of the IRS maximum allowable).
- We help you save for retirement. We contribute equivalent to 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Employees enjoy unlimited PTO, including the time to volunteer.
- We give $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- At the office, employee perks include two meals a day, bringing your dog to work, and an onsite gym.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. #BI-Remote