QA Engineer at AppSumo
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We've helped launch thousands of top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox just to name a few.
At AppSumo, we believe work doesn't have to suck. We love helping entrepreneurs build a lifestyle they're passionate about. And that includes you.
The foundation of our culture is treating teammates like adults. This is a place where we actually encourage you to have a side hustle and develop your career at AppSumo. You'll learn everything about starting and growing a business here-and get paid to do it.
We're on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone. You in?
Why this is your dream job:
This job is all about advocating for quality and striving to bring the best user experience to the AppSumo platform. In this role, you will own our testing processes to maintain a high level of code. You'll be writing test plans, reporting errors, and monitoring platform metrics. If you love breaking things, learning the tech behind them, and building them better, you're exactly the kind of nerd we want to talk to!
On the day-to-day, you'll be:
- Testing new product features and enhancements
- Performing regression and integration testing to ensure integrity of existing features
- Working on a strategic level to update test plans, and then executing on them as needed
- Collaborating with SMEs on feature testing tasks
- Executing manual and automated test suites against existing features
- Prioritizing assigned workload to ensure a timely roll out of feature updates
This is a unique role that requires strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others in order to achieve and maintain our strict standard of quality. Through this hands-on role, you'll have the potential to lead a team in the near future. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 5+ years of experience testing products and features
- Experience working within a CI/CD environment
- Experience working with JIRA, Github or similar softwares
- The ability to present defects to engineers in a clear manner
- Familiarity with web services, engineering dashboards, web dev tools and testing mobile devices
- A passion for shaping the internal QA process: Writing and maintaining test cases, executing tests, and providing feedback and approval for releases
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and how to break them
- A keen eye for process improvement
- Competitive pay-top 10% of the market
- Health insurance through Humana, plus vision, dental, life insurance, and mental health services for you and your loved ones
- 401(k) matching
- 100% hybrid work model-work from home or the office
- Open vacation (PTO) policy (plan to make your Slack status a "🌴" at least one week per quarter)
- Freedom to have a side hustle (we don't treat that word like it's Voldemort)
- Free access to all the software and tools in the AppSumo marketplace
- An invite to our annual all-expenses-paid company trip (think Costa Rican Resort, not teambuilding at Generic Corporate Venue #84)
- Flexible hours that let you start late or take that midday power nap
- Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office in Austin
- Free lunch once a week, all the gear you need and work that actually makes an impact
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.