QA Engineering Manager
Job Description Summary
This individual will direct a staff of quality assurance professionals at various levels. This position will be responsible for overseeing teams responsible for planning & testing of new telematics application software & related mobile applications. He or she will lead teams to analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new applications as well as oversee the documentation of all testing activity.
The ideal candidate will have experience in web-enabling business solutions, specifically web-transactions systems, and will have delivered customer-facing revenue generating software and product solutions in a SaaS based environment.
- Partner with cross-functional core stakeholders across Product Development & Product Management to lead the QA direction, facilitate key technical decision points.
- Ability to commit to road maps with capabilities and timelines using the agile methodology for new product and technology evaluation and introduction.
- Align QA to business strategy, and proactively drive a product development direction throughout the organization
- Manage multiple teams consisting of both contract and full time employees and senior level technical individuals to deliver product on time and on budget.
- Lead the planning and execution of system testing with the agile team. Ensures the product fulfills the business requirements.
- Work with the agile team to support product launch and rollout activities. Conducts internal communication of planned QA activities and reports status to internal teams.
- Contribute to the establishment of, and compliance with the software development methodology, standards, procedures, practices and goals.
- Conduct root cause analysis of problems and identifies, analyzes, documents, and helps facilitate the correction of defects in the software at any point in the product life-cycle.
- Work with agile team to analyze gaps between current product and the desired state, evaluating and implementing improvements to software products. Assists with project planning, tracking, status reporting; issue management / escalation / resolution and change control.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (requirements derivation through delivery), with an emphasis on building in quality at every stage.
- Identify, influence and implement SDLC/STLC and QA best practices across the delivery and testing teams to drive end-to-end improvements.
- Drive the overall direction, scope and strategy for Quality Assurance; ensure compliance with, and understanding of, this strategy by QA team members and others.
- Identify gaps in the quality assurance and testing processes, generate solutions, and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead the development of test strategies based on a project’s Business Requirements document, functional requirements, design documents, user stories and user acceptance criteria.
- 10+ years’ proven experience in quality assurance leadership roles.
- 7+ years Quality Assurance experience testing commercial software
- 3 of last 5 years of hands on test automation experience using Selenium
- Experience with QA Automation using Python, Behave, Cucumber, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate strategic and thought leadership in QA to continuously improve processes and methodologies across various testing disciplines like feature testing, automation testing, performance testing, user interface testing, security testing, etc.
- Experienced with the agile framework as it pertains to product quality and continuous improvement and acceptance testing.
- Must be capable of providing overall system knowledge, particularly around inter-dependencies across products.
- Be able to proactively engage in sprint and release planning to ensure inclusion of QA requirements and that the QA workload is sustainable.
- Hands on TDD or BDD methods
- Strong engineering delivery and execution track record, with proven experience around design concepts, development, integration, testing, etc.
- Strong ability to understand the functional and non-functional aspects of a system so as to ensure teams are providing complete test coverage
- Strong collaboration skills needed. Expected to work with engineering to ensure systems that are built are testable.
- Strong organizational skills to report out testing status during the product lifecycle.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.