We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by building cognitive business solutions.
You will act as the Quality Assurance Lead in our Delivery organization, ensuring that customers receive the highest quality solutions possible. You should be the type of engineer who automates everything obsessively and drives others to do the same.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to put cognitive computing in action to truly change the world! If this sounds interesting then let’s talk about how you can contribute to our successful delivery of high quality solutions for CognitiveScale.
- Work with Engineering leadership and to shape and define our test methodology
- Work closely with Solution Architects, Project Managers, and customers to define work items acceptance criteria
- Write and execute test plans, and integrate the test suite into the CI pipeline
- Work closely with Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists to craft a testing methodology for AI
- Produce thoroughly detailed defect reports
- Participate in code reviews as necessary, and work to understand the code you will be testing
- Preparing for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update and using your expertise to identify potential gaps before they happen
- Contributing ideas for continually improving the team’s productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality
- Sharing knowledge with team members and collaboratively working to build a shared vision for the team
- Having fun working with an exceptional team and creating cutting edge software
- 5+ years experience in software testing (both functional and non-functional),
- In-depth knowledge and experience testing REST APIs
- Experience working in an agile framework (kanban, scrum)
- Passion for testing software to the breaking point and beyond, with the ability to communicate precisely how breakage was accomplished
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Keen business judgment, focus, and ability to focus your work on the highest risks
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to internal teams in relevant business terms
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- Experience with git
- Experience with performance and load testing tools (Gatling, JMeter, etc)
- Experience with build process and integrating tests into the build process
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.