We are looking for a QA Manager to lead a team of engineers in delivering high-quality technology solutions for OutboundEngine.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95th on the 2016 Inc. 5000. We are based out of beautiful Austin, TX. OutboundEngine has been voted “Top Ten Places to Work” for the last four years in a row by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business as well as new business.
The ideal candidate will be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality, and be a strong hands on manager with good technical experience. He or she should be able to develop and drive a high level test strategy based on a data driven methods. The manager will be a strong customer advocate with a good planning and optimization mindset.
In this role, you will:
- Work with a team of test engineers and devops engineers to ensure the highest quality product delivery and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Leverage your background in quality automation techniques and solutions and bring that experience to OE to drive efficiencies in testing
- Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
- Set and drive expectations around quality for releases grounded in customer impact and product understanding
- Understand how all elements of the software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Understand DevOps processes and be able to develop strategies for continuous integration and deployment
- Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report on test execution
- Work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Be an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs
- Recruit, manage, mentor and retain a high performing quality engineering team.
- Coach team members and helping them improve technical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Foster collaboration between engineering teams to solve tough business problems
- Take the lead when challenging situations arise and see through to resolution
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional quality assurance experience
- 3+ years of quality automation experience (tools and best practices)
- 3+ years of management experience
- Intermediate level of experience in Atlassian suite (JIRA and Confluence)
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience in automating functional & integration testing of web and backend services
- Proven experience in managing QA Teams for core engineering platforms
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work across multiple departments
- Broad experience in development methods including both Agile and Waterfall methods.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Unlimited PTO.
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches.
- Casual dress and music rocking all day.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.