Quality Assurance Engineer
What We Do
Verb is a small, fast-growing software company based in Austin, TX. Our mission is to train the next generation of purpose-driven leaders by providing innovative online workplace leadership training that combines individual skill development, mentorship, and regular peer-to-peer feedback. Verb’s leadership solutions are inviting, measurable, modern, customizable, and scalable. Our unique learning model focuses on applied learning and habit formation through daily short-form activities, longer-form courses, mentorship opportunities, and facilitated collaboration. As a QA Engineer at Verb, you will be working on a leading-edge MERN stack app that is fully deployed in the Amazon Web Services cloud.
What You’ll Do
- Be an expert on the Verb app and the optimal user experience for end users, internal administrators, and content authors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive and clear test plans for new and existing features in Verb’s core app.
- Test new software and features daily to ensure stability and performance.
- Review and analyze software requirements, and measure those requirements against new code deployed to the staging environment.
- Prioritize, plan, and coordinate automated and manual testing
- Develop automated regression, integration, unit, and visual tests.
- Document and track application failures and bugs using tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Debug issues and provide clear steps for reproducing them.
- Collaborate with software developers, product managers, and cross-functional teams to identify requirements and implement solutions.
- Manage the promotion of code from staging to production, and liaise with product managers to release new features when they’re ready.
- Own and take responsibility for the work the team produces.
- Learn every day by keeping up to speed with and implementing new testing paradigms and frameworks.
What You’ll Bring to Verb
- Demonstrated experience at a software company, preferably working in an Agile environment
- A minimum of one year working as a QA or automation engineer
- Hands-on experience with both black-box and white-box testing
- Experience planning, managing, and executing large, long-term projects
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to accept and give constructive feedback
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience with testing frameworks like Mocha or Jest
- Experience with browser automation tools like Selenium
- Understanding of SQL and noSQL databases, and experience writing queries both
- Experience with Git workflow, as well as continuous integration using services like TravisCI
- Experience with performance testing
- Technical understanding of the architecture of web applications
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree computer science, business, or another related field
Verb offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including 401k, health/dental/vision insurance, and a flexible vacation policy. We are located in an exciting East Austin neighborhood, just two blocks from the rail station at Plaza Saltillo.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.