Quality Assurance Engineer at Cision (formerly TrendKite)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:41 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, October 1, 2019
What we do:
Cision (formerly TrendKite) is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is a highly technical role focused on ensuring the quality of products, services and tools across our Earned Media platform. In this role you will build and maintain a variety of application-level tests and integration-level tests and work in close collaboration with product managers, development managers and engineers. You will make use of your knowledge and experience with best-in-class QA methodologies and technologies to ensure we maintain a high level of quality across our platform. This may include a mix of manual, crowd-sourced and automated end-to-end testing. Operationally, you will monitor and advise on the effectiveness of our QA efforts and advise on risk associated in product areas or features.
- Partner with Product Manager, Development Manager and engineers to design, develop and maintain test strategies
- Work with development teams to build and enhance application and integration tests
- Develop and maintain a suite of end-to-end automated tests using testing framework
- Integrate automated testing efforts with CI/CD systems to ensure that tests are reliably run as part of the development pipeline
- Execute manual tests in Dev/Staging/Production environments as documented in test plans
- Develop new Rainforest crowd-source tests to cover new features
- Execute and refine tests so they are stable, reliable and repeatable
- Review ad-hoc pull requests and provide additional testing guidance and direction for development team
- 2+ years relevant experience in the QA or QE discipline
- Experience designing, building and maintaining automated front-end test frameworks (e.g. TestCafe or Selenium)
- 1-2 years of database/SQL experience writing queries to retrieve, add, edit and delete data
- Ability to write comprehensive English-language test cases
- Ability to learn complex technical application systems
- Familiarity with common SaaS development infrastructure and tooling (e.g. AWS, Jenkins, git)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity in finding ways to break SaaS applications
- Understanding of modern browsers and their differences
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
Cision's recent acquisitions of startups TrendKite and Falcon.io provided the company with additional innovative technology and a focus on user experience that sets the company's software apart from anything else in the comms industry. With these additional capabilities, the next generation Cision Communications Cloud platform delivers an improved user experience, more intelligent and interactive reporting, and better campaign execution for PR and comms teams.
By investing in our brand, our team, and our technology, we are leading a revolution in the PR and communications industry. We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 22 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4
Read Full Job Description