Quality Automation Lead at Compeat
As a Quality Automation Lead, you will have the ability to flex your versatile skillsets with cloud technologies, develop close relationships with other key resources, and introduce fresh ideas and technologies to drive the Compeat Development team into a fully automated test mentality. If you enjoy being empowered to push the boundaries with industry leading technologies, then this role is for you.
We are looking for an experienced lead in quality automation to develop and own our software quality and test automation strategy and standards. We have an amazing QA engineering team that is hard at work writing automated tests based on test cases and requirements provided. This role will create test standards and provide hands on direction for our engineering teams to create and execute on software test automation.
Compeat is developing the next generation of Restaurant Management software and are employing the latest infrastructure and best practices to deliver world-class software using a DevOps methodology with a modern development stack.
- Review our current test frameworks, and automated tools looking for improvement and enhancement opportunities
- Architect new automation frameworks as needed
- Implement automated testing tools to support application and infrastructure testing
- Analyze, Plan and Implement test automation standards and strategies
- Research new testing technologies, develop cutting-edge automation and provide product enhancements and/or recommendations
- Interact closely with members of the cross-functional team in an Agile (SCRUM)
- Lead external teams to help build automation tools
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of hands-on demonstrable experience developing applications, test tools and automation frameworks using tools like Selenium, Canopy, Cucumber, Jenkins, Junit.
- Proficient at reviewing application software code to identify common implementation issues that could negatively affect testability of the application or system.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages: C, C++, Python, C#, Groovy, 5+ years of core Java experience (Design Patterns, OOP).
- Experience working with Git and continuous integration tools (Bamboo or Jenkins).
- Strong, demonstrable experience creating and designing tests for REST API endpoints.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL.
- Understanding of software skills such as analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Experience working within Agile environment.
- Passion and experience for maintaining a high-quality bar and ownership.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple tasks and strong attention to detail in all facets of work.
- Cloud Experience – Azure, AWS
- Proven history converting complex business processes into simplified system designs.
- Proven history solving business problems
- Demonstrated curiosity for learning and continuous improvement
- Persistence & Ownership
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills