Quality Engineering Manager
You're looking for a community where you can tackle complex problems, drive change, and build a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual growth. You aren’t afraid to make mistakes, but you always learn from them. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
New Knowledge is a fast-growing technology company on a mission to help our clients make sense of the internet. We use AI and machine learning to alert brands to potentially damaging online campaigns, and we are revolutionizing the way communities, companies, and industries respond to the spread of disinformation. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
We're looking for a Quality Engineering Manager with 6 or more years of experience. This role will be based out of our Austin office, will report to the Director of Engineering, and will lead/build a team of direct reports.
What You’ll Do:
We're creating a platform to help understand and explore online communities. You, and the quality engineering team you build, will work cross-functionally with internal teams to test coverage on all critical paths. You will be in charge of assessing the current health and risk factor of our work and incorporating best practices and sterilization processes. You will manage, coach, and develop a highly efficient quality engineering team.
Our Current Tech Stack:
Our team uses a microservices architecture approach with a broad and evolving tech stack; including Python, Node.js, React, Docker, Kubernetes, Selenium etc.
What You Have:
- Over 6 years of experience in a Quality Engineering role
- Over 2 years of experience managing and developing a team
- Strong experience with Selenium (or equivalent testing framework)
- Experience working with Python, Flask, Node.js
- Ability to work in complex ever-changing environment (in a Startup) with multiple cross-functional teams
- Comfortable simultaneously working hands-on and managing a team
- Comfortable being autonomous; managing your own work based on a broad problem statement
- Ability to provide and enforce risk assessment guidelines
- Experience with cloud-based distributed systems
- Experience in an Agile project delivery life-cycle
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work alongside smart, dedicated colleagues
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym and pool
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly team-wide events like movie screenings at Alamo Drafthouse, escape rooms, and stand up paddle boarding on the river
- And most importantly, meaningful work. We all love coming to work everyday and doing our part to defend information integrity.
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!