Quality Engineering Manager at Babylon
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:34 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Are you passionate about managing teams that focus on quality and usability? Do you want to determine the next generation of what’s possible with software quality? We’re looking for an engineering manager who is passionate about technology, quality, and testing. This is not a traditional QA manager role and we are looking for technologists who understand both engineering and quality.
The Engineering Excellence team at Babylon is focused on improving engineering maturity throughout the organization to gear the business towards delivering software at speed and scale. This is a fairly new team and would continue to evolve to support engineering excellence through best in class testing, automation and tools.
As a Quality Engineering Manager, you will bring in your expertise in quality engineering and continuously gear towards raising the quality bar. You will establish consistency, continuously identify improvements and measure results/progress over time.
You will build, manage, train and mentor a team of skilled quality engineers who will work closely within the agile squads to ensure quality is baked into our products. You will be driven by metrics and prioritize your and your team’s efforts accordingly. You will be comfortable working in a large organization and collaborating with multiple teams regularly.
While this is not primarily a hands-on role, we expect our quality engineering managers to get hands-on and provide support whenever needed.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Work proactively to help define aligned test strategies, plans and pipelines
- Coach and mentor quality engineers of all levels - create a learning environment that provides psychological safety and inclusivity and a high level of job satisfaction
- Hire, retain and develop, and manage the performance of talent in your teams
- Work to reduce complexity and improve maintainability of our processes, test tools and test frameworks.
- Ensure the quality engineers follow rigorous processes, appropriate for a regulated environment
- Support and encourage solid engineering practices (BDD, TDD, Pairing etc)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Up-to-date experience in management and mentorship of quality engineering personnel
- Comfortable with management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class quality engineering team
- Strong problem solving and analytical mindset - with the ability to manage quality engineering & reporting processes, especially in regulated environments
- Understanding of the full modern software development life cycle and how quality engineering fits in
- Passion for quality, great documentation, visibility and metrics
- Lots and lots of self motivation
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description