At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
We are looking for a colocation engineer to support our infrastructure integration operation. You will be part of the infrastructure team focused on perfecting and scaling integration operations, and providing expert technical advice on datacenter engineering solutions. You will provide life cycle support to Cloudflare data centers from design and site improvements through to maintenance activities. You will be the ‘go to’ engineering resource for technical data center problems.What you'll do
- Manage cross-functional engineering development covering a wide range of technical disciplines related to data centers (power/space, networking, server, software, firmware)
- Manage product configuration structure to define the BOMs (Bill of Materials) of new and existing rack systems; Optimizes product structure to ensure product configurability and commonality of components across products.
- Manage/Issue regular updates to the data center floor plans showing planned changes and future hardware
- provide technical leadership for the third-party teams delivering to the data center.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware and colocation design
- Develop and maintain consistent colocation design standards to drive equivalent resilience in colocation data centers.
- Support the deployment of new Cloudflare products in colocation data centers in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Documentation, release and management of design guides, standards, specifications and procedures.
- Work with our global colocation partners to drive consistent standard solutions to expedite review processes and drive cost efficiency
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/industrial engineering or telecommunications. (Not that important)
- Experience with colocation data centers.
- Detailed knowledge of critical data center equipment. (UPS, rPDU, networking appliances and servers)
- Demonstrated experience of defining system-level architecture, conceptual designs, performance, and documentation.
- Track record in creating and releasing high quality, consistent documentation for processes, standards and procedures.· Experience in developing and presenting business case analysis to leadership.
- Experience with continuous improvement and methodologies.
- Vendor management experience.
- Hyperscale infrastructure project experience.
- Sustainable design experience.
- Experience managing deployments with data center providers across the globe.
- CCNA/network diagrams
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.