Our Tech Stack
- React Native (all written in Typescript)
- React Navigation v5
- Functional Components and Hooks
- RxJS to drive global state management and event handling
- Storybook to build out and organize our components
What You Will Do
- You'll be working with a small, high-energy team in building a consumer-facing product that millions of people will use just like you.
- As a React Native developer, you will play a key role in creating the mobile experience for our users. From building components to handling graceful navigation and interfacing with our API, you'll be able to have direct control of feature sets and make an immediate impact within the product.
- You will work directly with designers, product owners, and fellow engineers to help guide, build, instrument, and test the software being built. We believe that taking a data-driven approach to feature development and releases is core to creating better products and software.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you'll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture and team operations, as well as the overall product.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of software development experience, at least 3 of which have been working on a React Native application
- You understand the specifics of React Native and the standard components provided by the library. You embrace the complexity of cross-platform development, handling platform, and device-specific edge cases, and thrive in delivering high-quality features.
- You have both expertise and a strong understanding of mobile development: deep linking, screen navigation/hierarchy, performance concerns
- You are obsessed with clean code. You take pride in excellent class design and choosing the right level of abstraction. Tests are your best friend.
- You love keeping up with the latest developments in the ever-changing landscape of tech. Two years ago, you were mad that Hooks for React hadn't been released yet.
- You're familiar with REST APIs. You immediately wrinkle your nose when you see POST /update_name.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early-stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.