Remote Senior Platform Engineer, Digital Partners at Red Ventures
What You’ll Do:
- Join a high performing platform/cloud team who embrace the devops philosophy.
- Work in tandem with the cloud team and development teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions.
- Architect and build continuous delivery automated pipelines for a suite of microservices
- Have a passion for automation and self-healing systems.
- Create and manage the engineering build and deployment process across all environments.
- Execute automated and/or manual test suites throughout projects.
- Contribute to team improvement initiatives and projects, including testing tools, process improvements, and test automation to improve security, reliability, maintainability, availability, and performance.
- Monitor application logs and respond to errors.
- Look for ways to optimize build times and speed up feedback loops.
- Setup, maintain, and administer software build and deployment methods and tools.
- Identify development methodologies to continually improve our production practices and efficiency.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience with designing, automating, and operating secure and scalable AWS infrastructure including CloudFormation and experience with Terraform
- Strong knowledge of AWS platform and technologies (EC2, S3, IAM, etc.)
- Proficient with at least one container orchestration solution (Docker or Kubernetes).
- Current and advanced knowledge of build and continuous integration tools - CircleCI preferred, Jenkins, TravisCI
- Experience with APMs(Application Performance Monitoring tools) - New Relic, DataDog, ELK Graphite
- Solid understanding of git
- Hands on experiences with database design and management (MySQL, Postgres, Dynamo, etc)
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle (we build for it and use it every day)
- Ability to build a highly available, automated build-on-demand infrastructure for large development and test teams.
- A security-first mindset
- Willingness to mentor and train junior cloud engineers as well as developers in cloud technology
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].