Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add an Antenna Design Engineer to our team. The ideal candidate has experience in designing, simulating, building, and testing high-frequency antennas made in printed circuit board (PCB) processes. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge RF hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
As a Cesium hardware team member, you will be responsible for antenna designs from initial concept through requirements definition, topology selection, detailed design, analysis, optimization, manufacturing, testing, qualification, and in-orbit support of Cesium's products.
The successful candidate will also present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Physics from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry or university research experience in antenna design, analysis, optimization, fabrication, and test. More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Expert-level proficiency in 3D electromagnetic simulation tools such as CST or HFSS.
- Strong experience with EDA tools such as Altium.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Antenna design in frequency bands above 20 GHz.
- Phased array design and development.
- Aerospace electronics design, development, and qualification.
- EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.