Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add an RF Test Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing test systems for leading-edge satellite, spacecraft, and aerospace communication systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you are responsible for the design, analysis, and implementation of engineering test plans and procedures. The ideal candidate possesses a strong combination of hardware and software knowledge with proficiencies in RF measurements, test equipment (VSAs, VSGs, VNAs, etc.), test architectures, and automation. The successful candidate will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to address company-wide hardware test needs.
Core day-to-day responsibilities include collaborating with engineering teams to develop test requirements, mapping requirements to reusable test architectures and procedures, implementing test plans and procedures, and logging and presenting results to key stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include lab and equipment management and guiding key equipment purchase decisions.
The successful candidate will present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
We provide a generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry or university research experience in design, analysis, and implementation of RF test systems. More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- High proficiency with RF measurements (Linearity, NSD, EVM, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, and vector signal analyzers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Test architecture design and development including scripting, test executives, hardware and measurement abstraction layers.
- Programming or scripting experience (Python, MATLAB, C/C++, etc.)
- Proficiency with statistics and metrology.
- Understanding of RF and mixed-signal hardware (e.g. amplifiers, filters, ADCs/DACs, antennas) and its effects on test design.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.