Risk and Optimization Modeling Consultant
Realized Holdings, Inc. (the Company) is seeking a qualified professional to consult on the commercial real estate risk and intra-asset portfolio optimization models we are building. This individual will collaborate closely with the Company’s Risk Analytics and Real Estate teams in developing next-generation models to objectively quantify US commercial real estate risks by metros, submarkets & property types) and potential cashflow volatility for direct real estate investments, as well as investment optimization techniques (mean-variance, VaR, CVaR, Sortino Ratio/Downside Deviation, etc.) for our investors’ portfolios. Realized offers a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where new ideas and approaches are encouraged.
The initial phase of this consulting engagement is anticipated to require 5-10 hours per week over three (3) to six (6) months. The engagement may be extended for substantially longer subject to performance, progress, and output.
- Research and provide guidance on the advantages and disadvantages of existing and potential risk/return frameworks, consistent with best practices used in other asset classes.
- Work with Company’s analysts to design, develop and validate methods and models that quantitatively assess investment risks for US commercial real estate metros, submarket, and property types.
- Work with Company’s analysts to design, develop and validate quantitative models that assess the market, credit and/or operational risks of new and existing financial products.
- Work with Company’s analysts to design, develop and validate intra-asset and inter-asset portfolio optimization methods and models.
- On-going testing of output from models, as well as consultation with practitioners, the academic community, and financial institutions in support of the company's risk management efforts.
- Critically review the underlying theory, assumptions, limitations, implementation, and performance of the methodology and models.
- Provide on-going guidance and effort to ensure that the application of statistical concepts are appropriate, accurate, and meaningful.
- Review model documentation (methodology guide, user guide, policy documents, etc.).
- Ph.D. (attained or in pursuing) degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Financial Math, Statistics (Risk Management), Quantitative Finance, or another related quantitative field.
- Understanding of commercial real estate, urban economics or similar.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency related to quantitative investment, asset class, and/or commercial real estate risk modeling and risk management.
- Excellent programming skills in C++, Java, Matlab, Python, R or Scala.
- Solid communication skills, both in the ability to understand others and to make yourself clearly understood.
- Tenacity, pragmatism, resourcefulness, problem-solving skills and mathematical creativity.
- Team-oriented, with a strong desire to deliver excellent work, on time and on budget.
Keywords: Data Analysis, Python (Programing Language), Microsoft Excel, R, SQL Risk Management, Quantitative Finance, Commercial Real Estate Risk, Statistics