The Sales Engineer is responsible for creating clear and concise presentations and demonstrations associated with active sales opportunities and delivered to prospects as part of a solutions sales process. This position requires someone who is quick thinking, flexible, creative, and analytical. The ability to research, learn and quickly leverage complex information to our clients is a key component of this position.
This person will work out of our Austin office.
- Works with potential and existing customers in a pre-sales capacity
- Presents solution concepts to technical and non-technical customers
- Demonstrates Spredfast products to customers and prospects onsite or over the Internet
- Create strategic business reports providing clients with meaningful, actionable insights about their brand, products, or campaigns
- Summarize key trends and insights, including the ability to make decisions around what delivery method is best to showcase the right results
- Partners with sales representatives to respond effectively to issues and opportunities.
- Works in conjunction with sales and sales operations to develop timely and professional responses to assigned sections of RFPs’ and RFIs’.
- Develops and maintains competitive technical knowledge of the Company’s top 5 competitors.
- Conducts in-depth functional evaluations of customer requirements and business objectives.
- Articulates customer requirements to Implementation team to ensure a smooth transition from Sales to Services and to ensure successful customer implementation of Spredfast products.
- Become an active, integral part of sales strategy and execution
- Develops and delivers compelling custom demonstrations to highlight product value to a specific customers
- Continuously stay educated and on top of industry news and changes in social network functionality
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and build relationships
- Ability to read situations and people and react accordingly
- Willing to travel as required
- Technical Management
- Corporate or Enterprise Social Media Management, listening, marketing automation, or research experience.
- 3-5+ years proven Sales engineering, solutions architect, account management or similar experience
- Ability to demonstrate software products and technologies effectively to audiences of varied technical knowledge
- Comfortable and effective while collaborating within a team environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to create sales presentation messages, positioning statements, and other sales collateral.
- Strong ability to position and demonstrate business applications by showing key business flows and product differentiators.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information about a business need, rapidly analyze the contents, and determine the best possible solution.
- Self-starting, proactive, and resourceful
- Must be able to clearly articulate needs, define goals, and continuously look for new ways to deliver concise information
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly change focus to meet deadlines and special report requests
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Hamburg, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.