BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017, is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to take a high impact, high visibility role facilitating the sales growth of the company. This person will work closely with our Account Executives throughout the sales process assisting with product demonstrations, recommending solutions and providing industry and product expertise to our prospects. In addition, the SE acts as a product evangelist, educating the sales team on product, implementation, training and services best practices. Demonstrating our solutions both in virtual and live meetings is required as is ensuring that our Account Executives have the technical support they need throughout the sales cycle. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What you’ll do
- Educate prospects on BigCommerce solution by providing a consultative, best practices approach including analysis and analytics to match prospect’s business and technical requirements
- Conduct needs analysis and technical scoping sessions with prospective customers to gather and document key requirements
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating BigCommerce
- Provide pre-sales technical consulting to Sales staff by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls and site visits with our Account Executives
- Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues
- Become a trusted advisor and the voice of our prospects and partners to Sales and Marketing teams
- Work closely with the Account Executives to respond to proposals and RFP’s to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address client’s requirements
- Support our partner ecosystem, including Design and Technology partners, in developing custom solutions to meet prospect needs
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Client Services, and Marketing teams to ensure that newly released features are understood and continue to strengthen our value proposition.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, for usually 1-2 days per visit to support prospects, partners and industry events.
Who you are
- Sales/Solutions Engineering experience in a relevant market
- BA/BS in technology or equivalent experience required
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Comfortable with consultative presentation to C-level business executives as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience.
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways.
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
- Charismatic and energetic self-starting personality
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Strong verbal, presentation, written, and organizational skills with a passion for winning
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events