Salesforce Developer, Business Operations
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consultingpartner Vista Equity Partners, a leading global technology investor with $44billion in capital commitments. Vista Consulting Group, a key differentiator inVista's investment approach, deploys subject matter experts to partner withcompany executives to transform our market-leading software and technologycompanies.
Fundamental to VCG's success is the BOSS team, or BusinessOperations and System Standards. BOSS team members work with our companies totransform their operations through the implementation of scalable andrepeatable business processes that lay the foundation for executing Vista'sBest Practices. We are a work hard/play hard team comprised of driven andknowledgeable consultants who are hungry to drive positive change across theVista portfolio.
The BOSS team develops and maintains a preconfiguredinstance of Salesforce with custom fields, objects, workflows and rules thatsupport and enable foundational Vista Best Practices. This preconfiguredinstance is installed at our companies and forms the foundation of our BOSSprojects, providing immediate value upon installation.
We are seeking an experienced Salesforce Developer to ownthe development of this Salesforce instance. The role will focus on enhancing ourinstance and providing support to active implementations at multiple Vistacompanies. In addition, this role will have the opportunity to interface withSalesforce product management teams to provide input on roadmap direction andfeedback on product functionality through Vista's strategic relationship withSalesforce.
- Design and build high-performance, reusable and reliable Apex code consistent with Salesforce best practices
- Identify and troubleshoot production and non-production application issues that may be caused by code developed by Vista, our partner or legacy code from our companies
- Set best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement
- Work with consultants and/or partners to provide the best technical solution for a given requirement
Skills & Requirements
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com architecture
- 4+ years experience solving complex problems with Force.com developer toolkit - Apex, VisualForce, Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool, Web Services/SOA and Metadata APIs
- Experience with Sales Cloud required; experience with Service Cloud, Community and integrations preferred
- 1+ years Lightning experience (component and design development)
- Experience designing test plans, performing unit testing, and writing test classes to ensure proper code coverage
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to interface directly with business executives and translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to take business requirements, build solutions and appropriately document technical specs
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ is preferred but not required