Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is looking for a Salesforce Admin/Developer to build apps to power our fintech and proptech platform.
Who We Are:
Amherst is a financial services and technology company empowering global investors to access the U.S. real estate market with unparalleled ease and scale.
Our technology platform manages thousands of homes and billions of dollars of investment capital. The data and software required to handle such an operation is diverse. We build data infrastructure and tools to buy, renovate, and manage homes at scale. We build consumer brands and apps to lease and sell homes direct-to-consumer. We design, prototype, and roll-out IoT devices and smart home tech to help physically manage and solve important business operations. Amherst currently uses and is expanding Salesforce to manage the homes sales/acquisition pipeline and customer communication.
Amherst employs a wide variety of tech to drive innovation in U.S. residential real estate. We are building RESTful microservices on serverless cloud infrastructures. Our tools and websites are built with React.js, Next.js, Material UI, and .NET. We build native and React Native iOS and Android apps. Our BI and data teams are using Hadoop, Hive, and Presto to create the data sets that power the business.
Most importantly, Amherst has a strong, developer-friendly culture. We are looking for developers who are scrappy and fast, who focus on solutions not problems, who understand that code is cost, and who aren’t afraid of a tough deadline. We want developers who have a high bar and love being part of a great team.
• Knowledgeable. You are a real pro and deeply understand Salesforce and its ecosystem.
• Intellectually Curious. You are constantly learning and working to improve yourself.
• Entrepreneurial. You enjoy wearing many hats and hustling to get things done.
• Problem Solver. You are a critical thinker who brings solutions not problems to the table.
• Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
• Scrappy & Fast. You like finding creative ways to quickly move projects forward.
• Good Communicator. You easily explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character.
• Accountable. You take ownership and have pride in your work.
• Work closely with the Technology Team and Business Users to scope projects, gather requirements, and implement solutions
• Perform Salesforce administration, configuration, development, and advise on best practices including when to perform custom development (APEX) vs advanced configuration
• Help build integrations with our core technology infrastructure
• Work with the Amherst DevOps team to manage Salesforce deployments
• Develop new features from design through implementation and launch
• Improve and maintain existing applications and services
• Evaluate technical tradeoffs of every decision and work with design on the best UI and infrastructure practices
Required Skills & Experience:
• 2+ years of professional development/administrator experience in a Salesforce environment
• Strong Advanced Configuration, APEX and SOQL knowledge
• Implement and Support Third-Party AppExchange Apps such as Docusign
• Knowledge on building integrations with SQL databases
• Familiar with front-end and back-end performance best practices
• Salesforce certifications are a nice-to-have
• Experience with common software development tools and processes
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.