SDET - Services TechOps at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role:
This is a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) position in the Services team. On the CrowdStrike Services team the SDET, developers, and consultants will work together collaboratively. SDETs are key contributors in the team’s focus on quality.
- Analyze existing complex software features and build effective test strategies and test design
- Analyze new feature request and enhancement stories and help formulate acceptance criteria
- Support and grow our tools, frameworks, and test setup which is comprised of Python based tests running on the RobotFramework platform via Jenkins pipelines.
- Developing tests effectively across multiple operating system versions, Windows, Mac and Linux
- Identify and write specialized tests necessary to verify technical features, as well as, to ensure the quality of the system as a whole – performance, scalability, limits etc.
- Debug bugs found through test or customer cases to identify root cause and use the input to improve tests
- Work collaboratively improve quality, and streamline our agile driven release cycles
- Rigorous product and test code reviews with an eye towards improving the security and robustness of the system as a whole
What You’ll Need:
Strong software development skills to build effective tools, harnesses, and specialized tests to assure that software quality is maintained.
Ability to participate actively in design and code reviews
Ability to collaborate with the consulting team to assure end-to-end system functionality.
Demonstrated passion to find bugs -- i.e. they must like breaking software as much as writing code!
Demonstrated ability to write high-quality code in scripting languages especially Python.
Experience with Jenkins pipelines or similar CICD Tools
Experience with Machine virtualization through AWS and/or VMWare products
Experience with RobotFramework or similar acceptance test platforms
Strong familiarity with Windows, Mac OS and LInux operating systems
- Experience with JSON, XML and/or similar data constructs
- Ability to read and understand C++ and/or GoLang
- Experience with Docker or other container based virtualization
- Experience with Splunk and/or Elastic Search
- Experience with programming against APIs, especially RESTful APIs
- Experience with Jira, or similar bug tracking/agile project management tools
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.