Search Engineer Optimization Manager at Self Financial
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
Organic search is poised to become an increasingly strategic channel for Self in both customer acquisition and engagement with existing customers. The SEO manager role is positioned to take Self’s organic presence to the next level, competing for visibility among household financial brands and fintech alike.
Reporting to the VP of organic marketing, you will deploy financial and other resources to achieve the goals of the existing SEO strategy. But the existing strategy is not a sacred cow; you create value by identifying opportunities to improve. In time, you will use your newly acquired experience to evolve the strategy and tactics to drive continued growth. Given the size and growth potential of the company, this role is a great opportunity for career development.
What you will do:
- Help shape and execute the overall SEO strategy
- Collaborate closely with the brand communications team where SEO tactics meet PR and content campaigns
- Integrate SEO with content workflows
- Ensure on-page optimizations and link-building campaigns meet marketing compliance standards
- Manage agencies and freelancers who execute portions of SEO strategy
- Lead the app store optimization program
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers on technical SEO optimization, website changes, and app store optimization
- Analyze and report on SEO metrics; collaborate with analytics team to further SEO insights
- Create and maintain SEO knowledge base documenting SEO processes, campaigns, and experiments to enable future optimizations and internal transparency
What you bring:
- 5+ years of full-time experience leading or executing an SEO program
- Experience in highly competitive search vertical(s)
- A track record of organic search growth via on-site content creation and optimization
- Ability to manifest Google’s content quality guidelines in public content
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend solutions for technical SEO issues
- Ability to explain search engine algorithms and results to colleagues, including executives
- Ability to understand the nuances of search intent and deploy that understanding to improve content experiences
- Ability to use data to inform recommendations, decisions, and actions
- Experience with ASO, app store optimization
- Experience with SEO industry tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEO Clarity, Botify, Market Muse, etc.
- Familiarity with headless CMS is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Privacy Notice is for applicants who reside in California. We adopt this notice to
comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other
California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning
when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of
being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a
particular consumer or device (“personal information”).
last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal
identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email
address, account name, Social Security number, driver's
license number, passport number, or other similar
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical
characteristics or description, address, telephone number,
passport number, driver's license or state identification
card number, insurance policy number, education,
employment, employment history, bank account number,
credit card number, debit card number, or any other
financial information, medical information, or health
insurance information. Some personal information
included in this category may overlap with other
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national
origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status,
medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex
(including gender, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic
information (including familial genetic information).
Internet or other similar network
Browsing history, search history, information on a
consumer's interaction with a website, application, or
Professional or employment-
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Use of Personal Information
following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, please do not hesitate to