Security DevOps Engineer
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. As one of Forbes Most Promising Companies, our business doubled in the past year both with regards to revenue and headcount, serving more than 16 percent of the Fortune 1000 companies and 20 percent of the Fortune 500 companies.
Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc. to stay ahead of adversaries. We stand so strongly behind our breach protection capabilities that we established an EPP Complete warranty of up to $1 million if a breach occurs within a customer’s protected environment.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- June 2018: Forrester Research, one of the leading industry analyst firms, named CrowdStrike a “leader” in The Forrester Wave for Endpoint Security Suite.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- January 2018: Awarded #1 in the Visionaries quadrant of the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
- Build and maintain security utilities and tools to enable the security operations team to operate quickly and at a large scale.
- Research and architect solutions to solve security operations requirements.
- Develop and maintain processes and documentation.
- Coordinate with internal teams to identify technical requirements and potential problems, issues, and solutions.
- Create secure, well-tested, and high-quality code.
- Assist with incident handling activities as needed.
Successful candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Incident Handling: experience conducting or managing incident response for organizations, investigating targeted threats such as the Advanced Persistent Threat, Organized Crime, and Hactivists.
- Computer Forensic Analysis: a background using a variety of forensic analysis tools in incident response investigations to determine the extent and scope of compromise.
- Systems Administration: an understanding of system internals is required to understand how to implement and execute countermeasures and remediation.
- Network Forensic Analysis: knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and ability to perform analysis of associated network logs.
- Malware Analysis: ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis to understand the nature of malware
- Incident Remediation: strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Network Operations and Architecture/Engineering: strong understanding of secure network architecture and strong background in performing network operations.
Additionally, all candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Programming/Scripting: experience coding in Powershell, C, C#, VB, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, and.NET.
- Automation: experience building and maintaining security utilities and tools.
- 2+ years of relevant DevOps Experience
- Experience with automation and configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to code and script
- Attention to detail
- Deep understanding of Operating systems, networking, web, and API deployments
BA or BS / MA or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy, or a related field.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.