Security Engineer - Vulnerability Management at Blackbaud
About the role:
As a member of the Cyber Security organization at Blackbaud, the Vulnerability Management Security Engineer is a specialized position that plays a key role in securing software built and/or used by Blackbaud. You will work closely with software development teams, infrastructure teams, as well as third party organizations to ensure that security, privacy, and compliance requirements are built into software systems. The Vulnerability Management Security Engineer is expected to identify solutions for common security problems while participating in a broader Cyber Security team focused on building relationships with developers and engineers across the organization, and executing complex projects with minimal oversight.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure all vulnerabilities identified via any bug detection, vulnerability testing, or security assessment technology are tracked and remediated
- Establish strong working relationships across our organization to drive our software and systems to a better security stance through remediation of vulnerabilities
- Report on status of remediation to various risk oversight committees and other executive forums as we drive remediation
Who we’re looking for:
- Highly motivated security practitioner who passionately squashes security bugs by ensuring stakeholders across the business have the right resources and information to address any and all discovered security vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with common vulnerabilities, security bugs, CVE’s, and the various mechanism that Cyber Security organizations use to discover the same is important
- Previous exposure to vulnerability tracking tools, risk & PCI Compliance frameworks, and governance committees
- An understanding of the nuances of reporting on vulnerability status across the business and up the chain, and a knack for organizing disparate sets of vulnerability data into actionable metrics
- Experience working with product and engineering managers, infrastructure owners, development and systems engineers, security leadership, and executive leaders across the company
- An engineering mindset toward tracking of vulnerabilities in automated and scalable ways will take you far
If that description fits your approach to security, we’d love to chat with you about what you can do to help our mission!