Security Engineer at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
The Security Engineer is instrumental in helping secure the CrowdStrike Enterprise covering the network, applications, and enterprise systems. The security engineer will work with the security architecture, compliance, information technology, and engineering teams to protect CrowdStrike.
- Work with team members to create strategy and execute the deployment of security infrastructure to mitigate risk.
- Participate in the planning, implementing, and testing of security systems.
- Help develop security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Implement, manage, and monitor core security infrastructure.
Security Engineer Job Duties:
- Plan deployment of security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and other related security and network devices; adhering to industry standards.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; plan and collaborate with team members in conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments.
- Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and technology; directing equipment and software installation and configuration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; providing technical support; creating documentation.
- Verify security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses.
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing tasks; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist with ad-hoc operational tasks as required.
What You'll Need:
Successful candidates will have experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Network IDS/IPS
- Network Access Control
- AWS, GCP or Azure
- Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems
- Identity & Access Management
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- CIS Benchmarks
- Scripting: experience coding in Python, Powershell, or Bash
Desired Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or related technology field
- AWS certifications
- Cybersecurity certifications issued by GIAC, CompTIA, ISACA, or (ISC)2
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.