The Security Software Engineer is a member of the Bright Health Information Security Organization and involved in building, maintaining and supporting public cloud security and engineering initiatives. This person will be required to work effectively and seamlessly with our engineering organization’s existing security, engineering and cloud operations.
- Conduct monthly vulnerability code scans on cloud infrastructure and web applications
- Assist with conducting security assessments of configuration changes to infrastructure, networks
- Assist with quarterly user access reviews
- Assist with internal Azure infrastructure audits
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Assist with internal incident response as needed
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s or technical degree in computer science required
- Three (3) or more years of relevant work experience required
- Familiarity with DevOps technologies
- Strong understanding of OWASP TOP 10
- Basic understanding of vulnerability management tools
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time)
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.)
- CCSP, ISACA, (ISC)2 or relevant industry certifications preferred
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description