Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
The Endpoint team is looking for an experienced Software engineer to join us in writing low-level code to detect and prevent sophisticated security threats across Windows, macOS, and Linux. You will be working with former intelligence community and seasoned security industry engineers with extensive security expertise – including the author of Rootkits: Subverting the Windows Kernel.
If you're an experienced Windows, macOS, and/or Linux system-level engineer, join our Endpoint development team and help prevent the world's data from attackers! A background in security software is a plus, but not required.Tech Stack:
- C/C++, Python, x86/x64 assembly
- Windows, macOS, and/or Linux kernel development and user space, system level APIs
- git, Jenkins
- Design and develop robust kernel and/or system-level code that collects data to stop attackers, with a focus on maintaining minimal impact on system performance.
- Write, code review, and unit test cross platform code in a multi-threaded application.
- Partner with other teams at Elastic to rapidly integrate new features end-to-end.
- Communicate and document new features with team members and quality assurance engineers.
- Participate in agile planning and scope estimation.
- Live, breathe, and eat operating system kernels and system level APIs
- 10+ years software engineering experience in C/C++ and Python
- Experience debugging with lldb, gdb, WinDbg, OllyDbg, or Immunity Debugger
- Networking socket programming and protocol analysis
- Cross platform, system level development