Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
More about Security Solutions
The Elastic Security Solutions team is building a new solution that will become the center of the Elastic security analytics offerings. The Elastic stack is already very popular among the security analyst community, and the Security team has the opportunity to significantly improve the user experience and workflows of security analysts. Challenges include collecting all the relevant data, aggregating and visualising it, detecting and alerting on suspicious events, as well as supporting the investigation phase.
The team is diverse and distributed. You will be working remotely with people from Germany, Spain, United States, United Kingdom, and more. We meet via Zoom, brainstorm in Google docs, discuss in open GitHub issues, and chat on Slack.
What you will be doing
- Mentor and lead a globally distributed team
- Lead the efficient delivery for time-boxed software releases, ensuring high quality and innovative feature development
- Work with our engineers and Product Managers to define requirements
- Active participation in planning, design reviews, code reviews, test automation, scalability, driving projects end to end
- Foster a culture of mutual respect, collaboration and consensus based decision-making
- Stay true to the principles of software development as adopted by our team
- Build roadmaps and lead prioritisation; balance the right amount of structure and planning for a fast paced engineering team
- Support the development and training of direct reports through regular performance evaluations
- Hold 1-on-1s and develop performance evaluations for direct reports
- Participate in interviewing and drive hiring and significant team growth
- Be an awesome person to work with, somebody who sincerely cares
What you will bring along
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Significant experience leading teams of software engineers
- Significant work as a hands-on software engineer so you understand the core principles of the engineering work that is going on in your team
- Experience with Github, project management
- Experience with security products, especially in the area of security analytics or SIEM.
- Your heart at the right place, good sense of humour and a genuine interest in the people you work with
Experience/ interest in some of these areas would be nice
- Deploying and operating SaaS in production
- Delivering on-premise software
- Development of web applications
- Open source projects and companies
- Automated testing
- Communication and organization in large, distributed teams
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Felix Wittern, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.