Security Systems Engineering Manager at Atlassian
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and we are looking for a well-rounded Engineering Manager to start a Security Systems Engineering team. This team is responsible for building and operating mature security infrastructure to improve the entire company's security posture.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be a technical leader and people manager, responsible for guiding the team to technical decisions for production services, helping prioritize and organize the team's work, and providing career growth and mentorship opportunities to your team.
If you are a strong leader interested in developing your info security expertise, this role is a rare opportunity to do just that!
What you will do:
- Be a people manager for a Systems Engineering team that you will build from the ground up
- Own critical security platforms that protect Atlassian customers from cyber threats
- Run agile processes for your team
- Ensure operational and quality metrics are achieved for your services
- Participate in hiring systems engineers in the United States and Australia
- Outstanding track recording building partnerships with internal stakeholders
- Experience running security platforms with a focus on operational excellence
- 3+ years of systems engineering experience
- 1+ years managing and growing engineers
- Experience providing feedback and coaching engineers
- Excellent interpersonal skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience running the following security technologies at scale:
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Vulnerability Management tools
- Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR)
- A strong understanding of how to use metrics to guide technical decisions
- Expert in Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) practices
Atlassian is a company that lives and breathes our values, as we seek to unleash the potential of every team. We offer 40 hours per year of paid leave for doing non-profit work so that you can Be the Change You Seek in the world as well as at work, in addition to unlimited vacation time to help you Build with Heart and Balance. As part of the wider security organization, we will expect you to speak at conferences, make open source contributions, and lead cross-team initiatives all designed to drive security forward not only inside Atlassian but across the industry with uncomfortable transparency.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .