Senior Applications Security Engineer
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is seriously growing its information security team, get in whilst the Security team is still small and you’ll have the ability to influence the culture and direction moving forward.
Our engineers are called on to wear many hats, you’ll be very well rounded, with experience as a software developer, penetration tester, and able to work independently to provide technical expertise to other software developers.
BigCommerce in Austin is looking for a full-time Senior Applications Security Engineer who wants to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
What you’ll do:
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Perform security code audits and design reviews
- Respond to information security incidents, providing technical expertise
- Provide security guidance and experience to BigCommerce engineering teams
- Review project technical designs and stay involved through their implementation to assist BigCommerce engineering staff with the finer points of application security
- Help build internal security tooling, to help us be proactive in the battle
- Utilize data to help generate insights into threats, and build solutions
- Mentoring team members in best practice around information security standards.
- Regular and ongoing pen testing of BigCommerce’s changing environment.
- Advocate security and secure coding practices throughout the BigCommerce ecosystem
- Protect BigCommerce Merchants, Shoppers and the company
- Conduct research to identify new attack vector
Who you are:
- Holder of a current CISSP, or GISP certification
- 5+ years of experience in application security-related field (code reviews, application penetration testing, security engineering).
- Have 1-2 years of software development experience in PHP, Ruby, Java, Scala, or similar
- The ability to explain security issues to developers
- Strong communicator with a bias towards honesty and transparency
- Experience working on global teams
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.