Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
Adia is seeking an experienced Senior Azure DevOps Microservices Engineer who can work with our product and software engineering teams on Adia's leading on-demand staffing platform. You will be responsible for deploying and updating architecture solutions via automated deployment pipelines using Azure DevOps, specifically targeting an event-driven microservices architecture. You will remove impediments through ingenuity, and work with a world-class agile development team in pursuit of product excellence. During the current pandemic and its aftermath, your work will be even more important and impactful than ever, as we have more than doubled our user base during the recent months, and expect to continue growing throughout the upcoming years.
If you’re equally passionate about developing creative solutions to technical challenges, collaborating with forward-thinking team members, and helping businesses and workers alike, then this could be the role for you!
- Analyze and implement Continuous Integration / Continuous Development / Continuous Testing infrastructure, tools, and scripting engineering teams to focus on building features quickly using automated processes
- Build automated scripts to provision secure and immutable environments/containers through infrastructure as code and configuration as code
- Implement continuous monitoring and alerting around infrastructure, server and application availability and performance
- Create automated deployment pipelines that support scalable and resilient microservice design patterns and architecture based in the Azure cloud
- Participate in feature and user story grooming sessions and plan and task out work for each sprint
- Contribute to architecture and design meetings, bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Do investigative research and serve as a technical expert when vetting 3rd-party technical integration options
- Provide daily updates in dev standup meetings on task/bug/user story progress
- Keep expectations realistic when estimating work complexity and timeline feasibility
- Pay close attention to detail and strive to achieve above-and-beyond quality in everything you do!
What you bring to the table:
- Educational background or equivalent experience in computer science or related field
- 5 or more years of proven software engineering experience covering different layers of the tech stack
- 2+ years of demonstrated Azure-based systems design, networking, security, architecture implementation and administration
- 2+ years of CI/CD pipeline architecture, implementation, and improvement experience
- 2+ years of automated systems monitoring design, implementation, and administration
- 2+ years of microservices and container devops orchestration experience, including Kubernetes as well as serverless architecture components
- 2+ years of experience with Microservices, Functions, Event-driven/reactive programming or other Azure Cloud Native architectures
- Familiarity with C# and the .NET framework, including recent versions of .NET Core
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs, including dependency injection, SRP best practices, versioning, maintaining backwards compatibility, authentication and authorization
- Previous experience working in a startup or similarly fast-paced environment with changing requirements and/or priorities
- Experience collaborating and working from home/remotely with other team members
- A drive to innovate and push the boundaries of modern technology, frameworks, and architecture
- Personal ownership of your work and the ability to properly and thoroughly test your solutions and think of edge cases without a QA team
- A desire to ask questions and make an impact!
Adia is the leading on-demand staffing platform. We give businesses a better way to find the people they need. Unlike other gig platforms, we hire our workers to Adia as W-2. That means they get to keep their flexible schedule, and still get taxes withheld, benefits, and weekly pay. Launched in Switzerland back in October 2016, Adia launched in the US in early 2018. Today we help businesses and workers using our platform throughout the US.
Adia is a fast-growing, hardworking, curious (like, Alice in Wonderland curious) organization that strives for improvement every day. We are open, honest, and motivated, using our big brains to build a great product and not overgrown egos. We’re an early player in the HR tech space, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you’re looking for a place that will help you uncover your best working self and give you hands-on experience in way more than your job title alludes to, we may be the right team for you.
We have an incredible future ahead of us, and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey toward it.
Still here? Apply now.
Note: This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19, but the Senior Azure DevOps Microservices Engineer will be expected to work in our Austin office once it reopens.
Adia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.