Cloud Content Delivery (CCD) is an end-to-end content hosting and delivery platform for live games or applications that requires content updates on a regular basis. We provide powerful workflow tools to game and application developers, allowing them to focus their resources on creating great content rather than building and maintaining content delivery pipelines!
We are looking for a backend software engineer to join the Cloud Content Delivery team who will help shape the future of the service. As a core individual contributor, you will help design, build, and deploy services related to content delivery to the largest game development community in the world. You will be designing and implementing technical solutions that focus on solving customer problems, with a particular focus on system performance and reliability at scale. You will be actively collaborating with teams across Unity to integrate CCD with our suite of Gaming Services. You will also be coaching and mentoring others, and providing technical leadership within the team.What you'll be doing
- Help build high availability and resilient services and infrastructure - contribute to APIs that are envisioned to serve thousands of GB from 500M+ of players requests per day.
- Design, develop, and maintain new services and improve our existing services
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Lead through technical challenges and help guide other members of the team to impactful customer outcomes
- Operate within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote.
- Work closely with other Unity teams around the world to ensure developers have a consistently great experience across all Unity services
- Experience with working across teams to deliver user-first outcomes.
- Experience with designing, implementing and testing microservice applications, event-driven architectures and REST APIs.
- Experience in testing methodologies like unit, e2e, integration, load, performance, contract testing.
- Experience with any of our stack (Golang, Postgres, GCP, Redis, Kubernetes, Cloud Functions, PubSub, Event-driven architecture)
- Understanding of the challenges that come with building distributed, highly available, scalable cloud based systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices! For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.