Founded in 2017, Living Security’s mission is to help prevent cybersecurity breaches with a human risk management solution that does more than meet compliance needs, it also truly changes behavior. WE BELIEVE that empowering people is the key to ending cybersecurity breaches, picking up where traditional security awareness training drops off. Gamified learning and immersive experiences engage and educate users, while the science-backed, tech-enabled platform uniquely provides CISOs the ability to measure training efficacy and program ROI.
Named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, the Living Security team is composed of 50+ cybersecurity professionals committed to transforming security awareness training as we know it and turning end users into the enterprise’s greatest asset against cybercrime. Living Security is trusted by security-minded organizations like CVS Health, MasterCard, Verizon, MassMutual, Biogen, AmerisourceBergen, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan, and Target. Learn more at www.livingsecurity.com.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!Job Description
We are looking for a senior level backend developer with extensive experience writing production applications using major frameworks in Python and/or Java. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a startup environment. This is not a management or architect position. You will write code 99% of the time.
As a senior developer you should have strong experience writing SQL, are familiar with NoSQL technologies, and know when to choose between the two. You must be able to work both within an ORM and outside of ORM technologies. You should have a strong understanding of REST.
Day-to-day you will be designing, documenting (Open API), and implementing restful APIs and providing support to various teams with applications in production - in a microservice environment. You will work almost exclusively with Python and Java in a Serverless environment. You will work heavily with Elasticsearch and should feel comfortable with it.
Our products span both monolithic and microservice implementations. We are looking for someone who feels comfortable with both, has experience working in a cloud environment, and ideally has some Serverless experience.
You must have experience with unit testing frameworks, Junit, Pytest, Robot, etc.
We are a series A funded startup. We often are racing to build features. Sometimes this will mean working long or odd hours.
You will be a direct contributor to building out our engineering culture, best practices, tooling, and a direct contributor to the success of the company.
This job is open to 100% remote within the US.
- Build highly performant backend APIs
- Participate in planning & requirements gathering
- Design, build, test, and deliver customer facing features
- Write clean, testable code
- Commit to and meet deadlines
- 5+ years of professional software development with the majority of that experience building web APIs in Python
- Strong understand of OpenAPI and API development
- Demonstrable experience building and delivering professional applications on Amazon Web Services
- Strong working knowledge of API Gateway, CloudFront, and working with ancillary services such as Lambda, S3, etc.
- Demonstrable experience working in a microservice environment, ideally using the Serverless framework
- Strong SQL Experience
- Strong NoSQL experience highly desired
- Elasticsearch experience highly desired
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, information technology, or related discipline
- Professional certifications
Perks of Living Security:
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short term disability, life insurance, 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Responsible PTO policy and paid holidays
- Work remote and flex-time options
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.