Senior Backend Engineer
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
SENIOR BACK-END ENGINEER
- When is the last time you had a role on a team building something from the ground up that is going to have a truly global reach? GoDaddy is making a huge investment in rapidly growing our CDN, which is going to become an increasingly meaningful part of our growing portfolio of offerings.
- You will have a huge opportunity in influencing the future direction and design of our CDN, which we want to scale to the same size as the world’s biggest CDNs. Building something on this scale for a company that already has billions in revenue is an opportunity you may never see again in your career.
- Sucuri is looking for a creative engineer to join our Research and Development team. You write clean, secure code and have a passion for the backend. We are a team of high-performing and dedicated Engineers who love to collaborate and craft efficient, secure products for our global customer base.
- As a Senior Backend Engineer you will be working on the backend for our products and interacting side-by-side with other Sucuri and GoDaddy engineers around the world.
- This is a full-time and remote salaried position for someone who is comfortable with telecommuting.
GoDaddy is a proud equal opportunity employer.
The Sucuri R&D team is responsible for building and maintaining our suite of security products, this includes our website scanning engines, malware detection and clean up solutions, along with our website firewall and backups. Additionally, this includes external facing products like our blogs and website.
We have a high-pace environment, one in which you would be pushing code live every single day. Unlike most development shops where you likely have a rigid work flow and release process, ours is very lean and quick. Our environment is comprised of various languages.
The ability to adapt to any language will be quickly evident when working within our environment.
- At least 5 years of full-time development experience.
- Proven coding skills in at least 2 of the following: Lua,C,GO
- Linux administration and management experience is essential.
- Understanding of web architecture and scalable platforms.
- Previous remote employment experience preferred. You are able to work independently with little guidance.
- Nginx administration
- You have high standards and want to make a difference with your work.
- You’re ready to tackle just about anything – and figure things out one way or another.
- You work well in a small team and you can convey your insightful opinions and well-reasoned arguments without needing to have the final say.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.