Senior Backend Engineer at ibble (Austin, TX or Remote)
Our Tech Stack
- Functional programming
- Reactive programming
What You Will Do
- You'll be working with a small, high-energy team in building a consumer-facing product that millions of people will use.
- As a backend engineer, you will play a key role in building and maintaining our API gateways, deployment pipelines, and database architecture. You'll have direct control of feature sets and technical decisions and will be able to see the direct impact of your efforts within our product.
- You will work directly with product owners and fellow engineers to help guide, build, instrument, and test the software being built. From measuring the adoption of a feature to building out the support needed to run A/B testing, we believe that taking a data-driven approach to feature development and releases is core to building better products and software.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you'll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture and team operations, and the overall product.
Who You Are
- At least 6+ years of experience in an individual contributor, backend-focused role.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, etc..
- Past professional experience in a strongly typed language, such as Java, C#, or Typescript.
- Past professional experience in server-side web application frameworks such as Express.js, NestJS, or Java Spring.
- You are a data-driven individual. From measuring API response times to the efficacy of a new feature release, you understand the importance of monitoring both stability and rate of adoption within a complex system.
- Understanding and experience with reactive and functional programming paradigms such as RxJs or ReactiveX.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early-stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.