Senior Backend Engineer at BlueVine
BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking designed for their needs. We combine industry-leading technology and security with our team's expertise and care to provide best-in-class financing and lending products to power business growth at every stage of the journey. To date, we've supported over 87,000 small business owners with our core financial service products and more than 300,000 small business owners through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, BlueVine has raised $102.5M and is backed by top investors, including Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide Insurance, and M12. For more information, check out our LinkedIn Page.
Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long. Join us as we build a brighter financial future for small businesses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The US Engineering Team is building BlueVine’s new banking products that are driving our next phase of growth. The market we’re going after is huge, and we’re just getting started. The ideal candidate has excellent organization and problem-solving skills.Your ultimate goal is to create high-quality products that meet customer needs!
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to develop components and integrations for our new line of products. You will work with a talented team to design and build our new, strategic, high-impact products for BlueVine.
Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application, so a basic understanding of front-end technologies is also necessary.
This is not a fully remote role. At BlueVine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices will reopen in accordance with local guidelines, and will follow a hybrid model.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build scalable and robust components and integrations
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Fully own and independently drive backend engineering efforts
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Develop projects through their entire lifecycle
- Use cutting-edge technologies to develop functional web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide leadership and mentorship to teammates
- Be part of a fast-paced and flexible team
- + years of experience building backend applications (Python with Django or Flask a big plus) for web and/or mobile consumer-facing applications
- Experience with AWS, cloud deployments, DevOps and web security
- Experience with source control management systems, preferably Git
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
Once we Return to Office:
- Commuter benefits - CalTrain passes for SF employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.