Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's Security Development team combines the skills of backend software engineering with a dedication to building and operating mature software systems to improve the entire company's security posture. We craft, implement, monitor, scale, and optimize code that powers platform services across our product lines (i.e. Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.). Our customers are internal Security Engineers, allowing you the unique opportunity to get real-time feedback on what we build and directly see the impact of your work at scale.
If you are a strong software developer interested in dedicating your skills to the Security field, this role is a rare opportunity to do just that!
What you'll do:
- Implement solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, high availability, and operation excellence goals
- Follow agile software development methodologies, such as CI/CD and 'you build it, you run it'
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations in a microservice architecture
- Break down problems into simple, elegant solutions
- Grow other developers; act as a mentor and lead by example.
- A passion for delivering high-quality code on time
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in any modern programming language (preferably Go or Python)
- Experience building APIs and associated authentication mechanisms
- Experience being a technical and project leader
- A passion for/interest in the Security field. Don't worry if you aren't a security pro yet!
- Experience building software with a focus on operational excellence
- Experience building large scale distributed systems using AWS or other cloud services
- Excellent interpersonal skills when working with both technical and non-technical audiences
- An understanding of how to use metrics to guide technical decisions
- Familiarity with security systems.
Who We Are
Atlassian is a company that lives and breathes our values, as we seek to unleash the potential of every team. We offer 40 hours per year of paid leave for doing non-profit work so that you can Be the Change You Seek in the world as well as at work, in addition to unlimited vacation time to help you Build with Heart and Balance. As part of the wider security organization, we will expect you to speak at conferences, make open source contributions, and lead cross-team initiatives all designed to drive security forward not only inside Atlassian but across the industry with uncomfortable openness.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .