Senior Backend Software Engineer - Mineralsoft
Why YOU want this position:
MineralSoft by Drillinginfo is the leading asset management software provider for the trillion dollar mineral-rights asset class. Our technology is the first and only solution to fully digitize the ecosystem and move vital workflows into an integrated software solution. We were recently acquired by Drillinginfo, which was named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2019 by Austin Business Journal.
Our Software Engineering team values high quality conscientious work and respectful collaboration. As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and optimizing new and existing web applications that deliver tremendous value to our clients.
About the Role:
- Help design and maintain relational databases in PostgreSQL.
- Design and implement Data Models using Django.
- Define, maintain, develop, document, and test features in API Endpoints using Django REST Framework.
- Optimize the performance of web applications to maximize speed and scale.
- Perform meaningful code reviews for other engineers.
- Assist in refining task automation and product delivery efficiency.
- Mentor other members of your team.
Competitive Candidate Profile:
- 5+ years experience with MVC or MTV frameworks (eg. Rails or Django)
- 5+ years experience with Python or Ruby
- 5+ years experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or MariaDB
- Advanced knowledge of software design patterns and tradeoffs
- 2+ years experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- DBA experience
- Some front-end experience with modern JS frameworks (React or Vue)
- Experience with data caching and queuing systems
- Experience with Docker and related technologies
- AWS architecture experience
- World class health benefits including a full range of premium medical, dental and vision plans
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with generous matching